Helle Thorning-Schmidt hands victory to centre-right bloc, saying ‘I stand by the decisions I have made’.
Danish voters have ousted the centre-left government of Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, and have today voted for an opposition in which the anti-immigration Danish People’s Party has emerged as the biggest force.
The final results were as follows:
- The Social Democrats (A) – 47
- Radikale, the Danish Social Liberal party (B) – 8
- Socialist People’s party (F) – 7
- Red-Green Alliance (Ø) – 14
- The Alternative (Å) –9
- Venstre (V) – 34
- Danish People’s party (O) – 37
- The Liberal Alliance (I) – 13
- The Conservative People’s party (C) – 6