A high-profile group of former European political leaders and diplomats has called for the urgent reassessment of EU policy on the question of a Palestinian state and has insisted Israel must be held to account for its actions in the occupied territories.
The requests has been sent to Federica Mogherini, EU High Representative for Foriegn Policy by the European Eminent Persons Group.
Here some of the signatures:
- Hubert Védrine and Roland Dumas, former foreign ministers of France;
- Andreas van Agt, former prime minister of the Netherlands;
- John Bruton, a former prime minister of Ireland;
- Michel Rocard, former prime minister of France;
- Javier Solana, former Nato secretary-general and
- Sir Jeremy Greenstock, former UK ambassador to the UN.