Secretly filmed videos reveal life inside Iraq’s second city Mosul:
- Control of women: women must be covered in black, from head to toe.
- Persecution of minorities: Christians had their homes confiscated.
- Campaigns of intimidation: mosques and shrines are blown up.
- Punishment and torture: IS has been applying the “Laws of the Caliphate” flogging, amputating or stoning to death.
- Disruption of daily life: schools are closed, fuel and water are in short supply, internet services are limited.
- Indoctrination and surveillance: use of propaganda videos and “media points” to spread message
- IS tactics and logistics: IS parades heavy artillery in the streets, in civilian areas, and builds its own bases.